The proposed solution was a monitoring system based on an XL7 controller with a CsCAN remote IO station, a full WebMI license and 34 level transmitters. The system provides the following capacities, either from the local terminal, the local network, or through an internet webpage with a delay of mere seconds:
• Security through the usage of a user-password scheme, to differentiate between general users, company managers, and technicians.
• Graphics with the same look and feel for the user throughout all of the access options.
• Graphic representation of tanks showing instant levels in liters and meters.
• Alert notification when a tank is being loaded or unloaded.
• Indication of low or high levels for each tank using configured values.
• Use of FTP Access to download CSV files that contain historic level values for each tank.
• Access to instrument scaling, signal configuration, and equipment diagnostic information.
“We preferred Horner equipment mainly because of the WebMI functionality, ease of use and integration into the existing hardware and software platforms.”
~ Laura Aldana, Grupo Aurum, Nuevo León, México