This position is responsible for promoting the value proposition, products, and services of Horner Automation Group.
- Understand Horner Automation Group’s products, services and capabilities.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Follow up on quotes, opportunities, and leads
- Provide support to Outside Sales Managers, Manufacturer’s Representatives, and Distributors
- Through proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and probe customer to ensure their true needs are determined and provide optimal solutions.
- Maintain account relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts and
- cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to incoming requests for quotes, order entry, and issue resolution
- Optimize utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for customer information, lead and pipeline management.
- Provide applications and product selection assistance.
- Create quotes and enter received orders.
- Regular outbound calling to follow up on quotes, opportunities, and leads.
- Assist with training of new Regional Sales Managers.
- Demonstrate commitment to Horner Automation Group’s workplace environment by leading, acting and behaving in a professional manner.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics technology or related technical field.
- Demonstrated ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers and sales channel partners.
- 2+ years of experience in sales of technology products in a business-to-business environment.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance along with the ability to thrive in a small company environment and build strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Must be persistent, action-oriented, results-driven and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous activities but remain immediately available for incoming calls.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, Microsoft Office applications, and ERP systems.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of customer functions up to C-level executives.