IIOT AND HORNER
Horner Automation IIoT Strategy Statement
- We will continue to enable customers through Machine Connectivity and IIoT Protocol Development.
- Machine connectivity includes WebMI, along with our current Industrial Protocol package of Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP, Ethernet Global Data, and several others.
- IIoT Protocol Development includes REST, MQTT, & OPC-UA
- As an automation provider seeking to be responsive to customer needs, we will adapt our IIoT strategy to provide additional solutions as requirements may evolve over time or through technological discovery.
Intro to IIoT
The industrial internet of things, or IIoT, is a network of devices connected via communications technologies to form systems that monitor, collect, exchange and analyze data, delivering valuable insights that enable industrial companies to make smarter business decisions faster.
Typically, an IIoT system would consist of the following:
- Intelligent assets (applications, controllers, sensors and security components) that can sense, communicate and store information about themselves
- Data communications infrastructure (the cloud)
- Analytics and applications that generate business information from raw data
Also known as the industrial internet (or Industrie 4.0), IIoT incorporates machine learning and big data technologies to harness the sensor data, machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and automation technologies that have existed in industrial settings for years.
IIoT applications connect machines and devices in such industries as oil and gas, utilities (water, wastewater, energies, solar), agriculture, material handling, manufacturing, and many others. IIoT applications are concerned with improving efficiency, health, and/or safety. In manufacturing and automation, IIoT holds great potential for quality control, enhanced sustainable practices (through better efficiencies), predictive maintenance (PdM), enhanced field service, energy management, and asset tracking.
Horner’s History in IIoT
Expanding communications technologies are a huge piece of the II0T puzzle. That’s been part of the DNA of Horner Automation since the early 1990s – with advanced communications and networking as a cornerstone of our OCS product line. Back then, we were called upon by major corporations and government entities alike to help them navigate the waters of early communications standards. With that expertise, we are uniquely qualified to help you navigate the emerging standards of II0T with practical, problem solving solutions.
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Horner IIoT Updates – Register for an Account on Our Website Today