Horner Electric, Inc., family owned and operated since 1949, through its two operating subsidiaries of Horner Industrial Services, Inc. and Horner APG, LLC, is a leading provider of industrial sales, service & repair of various industrial, electrical and mechanical components and automation devices with sales and service facilities located domestically in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky and internationally in Ireland, India, Canada and China.
We have added a NEW POSITION for RECRUITER at our corporate office based in Indianapolis. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, screening and providing a shortlist of qualified candidates for our various Skilled Trades and other open positions by networking online and offline with potential candidates to promote Horner, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best skilled trades candidates by building a strong candidate pipeline and facilitating the hiring and retention of our skilled trades employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and attract quality candidates for skilled trades and other positions by creating a large external network, social media, and current employees to obtain quality referrals
- Create and post open position ads on the company career page, various job boards and social media sites (content to be pre-approved by Human Resources Manager); attend career fairs and pursue military outreach opportunities.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates along with the Hiring Manager, combining various methods (phone, Zoom, in person)
- Record all activity and track progress for each open position and applicable candidates
- Communicate regularly with Human Resources Manager and Hiring Managers to discuss recruiting efforts (challenges, successes, strategies)
- Participate in company meetings and discussions to continually improve recruiting process
- Onboard new hires
- Promote company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Keep up to date with new recruiting trends and products
- All other duties as assigned to support Company goals and expectations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or other related field is a plus
- Proven experience as a Skilled Trades or other Technical Recruiter
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats
- Knowledgeable about Skilled Trades roles
- Solid knowledge of various sourcing techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous field and online recruiting experience
- High sense of urgency and time management
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
- Ability to work in an environment with little or no supervision and consistently meet or exceed goals and objectives
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States on a full-time basis.
Horner Electric offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work closely. This position has the opportunity for growth. Horner Electric and its operating subsidiaries Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerelectric.com; www.hornerindustrial.com; and www.heapg.com Resumes may be emailed, with RECRUITER in subject line, to email@example.com or by mail attention Human Resources – 1521 E. Washington Street – Indianapolis, Indiana 46201
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer