In addition to In-person Training, we also offer Live Q&A events every Tuesday at 2 pm (EST), with the videos of these events available on our Horner YouTube Channel.
Please visit our Webinar page for information, links and registration for our upcoming Webinar Sessions. Webinar Page
Or visit our Videos page to see when our next Live Q&A Event will happen, and watch past event videos. Video Page
Horner OCS training classes are available at a minimal cost to our customers. The workshop is a hands-on, laboratory course that introduces OCS products. It is ideal for customers, distributors, sales people, application engineers, and others who are familiar with programmable controllers in general, but not Horner OCS in particular.
See schedule below for Standard OCS and Advanced OCS Factory Training sessions. Class space is limited and availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please bring a laptop. You will be using it for instruction and programming. Digital copies of materials will be issued on a USB drive.
- This is structured as a programming class. General knowledge of how Relay Ladder Logic works is a pre-requisite.
- Extensive troubleshooting of existing programs or specific applications ARE NOT part of the standard class agenda. This class operates under the assumption that you have the capabilities to write programming language from scratch.
For a complete listing of dates and locations for Canadian training courses, please contact email@example.com
QUARTERLY OCS FACTORY TRAINING & WORKSHOP EVENT SCHEDULE
TRAINING TYPE TRAINING DATE REGISTRATION FORM RETURN EMAIL CONTACT
2023 Q2 - IN-PERSON BASIC April 18-20 Click Here to Download firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Q2 - IN PERSON ADVANCED May 9-10 Click Here to Download email@example.com
2023 IEC Training June 6-7 Click Here to Download firstname.lastname@example.org
Indianapolis Standard OCS Training Schedule – BRING A LAPTOP!
- Day 1: (8:30AM – 4:30 PM) Workshop on Cscape Software Basics
On day one, learn about Horner and the OCS controllers in general. Brief refreshers on bit, word, double-word, and floating point data formats get thrown into the mix with learning controller configuration, basic Relay Ladder Logic entry, and simple screen generation via the Cscape software. Hands-on laboratory workshops, interspersed with lectures on new material, allow time to learn the labs and test logic, screens, etc. as the material is being taught. This training is for individuals with a basic knowledge of PLCs and Relay Ladder Logic in general.
- Day 2: (8:30AM – 4:30 PM) CsCAN Networking and Graphics Introduction
On day two, learn about some of the most useful functions available in Cscape programming. Then, on to the basics of CsCAN and Ethernet communications, to include configuration and use of expansion I/O. Cscape Graphics training is next, where you will learn and get to play with many of the things you can do on the touchscreens. Once you get a few things figured out on the screens, let us show you our WebMI feature, where those screens automatically become a web page viewable on your PC or mobile phone! This training is for individuals with a basic knowledge of OCS products, prior OCS programming experience, and/or those who attended the first day of training.
- Day 3: (8:30AM – 1PM, with optional 2nd half of day for additional lab time) Advanced Features of the Touch Panels
Day three of class continues with training on graphic alarms, trending, datalogging, and anything not completed during the previous day’s class. Time allowing, requests are taken for subjects to go over that were not covered in this training class, or extended coverage of those that were.
ADVANCED OCS TRAINING: BRING A LAPTOP!
We are pleased to announce our Advanced OCS Training course for 2022. This course is designed for those applications engineers and advanced users who are already familiar with the topics taught in our Standard OCS Training course. This course now includes the most requested advanced topics – and features both classroom time and extensive lab time.
WHAT TO EXPECT
2-Day course (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM daily), with optional 1/2 day on Thursday morning for additional lab time. For this session we will cover the following topics/points:
- Variable-based Advanced Ladder Logic Programming, including:
- User-Defined Function Blocks
- User Interface features, including:
- Importing Images & Fonts
- Ethernet Communications, including:
- Modbus TCP
- Ethernet Global Data
- Did your desired topic not make the list? We’ve also set aside some classroom time for Topics “By Request”. If you have a topic that’s particularly important to you – and it didn’t make our list – just let us know!
IEC 61131 TRAINING – BRING A LAPTOP!
Horner OCS All-in-one Controllers can be programmed using multiple logic styles – all available in our standard application programming software – Cscape. These logic styles include traditional “register-based” Advanced Ladder Logic, more modern “variable-based” or “tag-based” Advanced
Ladder Logic – and the IEC 61131 industry standard.
The Standard OCS Factory Training and Advanced OCS Training courses are based around Advanced Ladder Logic – both Register-based and Variable-based. This course will focus strictly on IEC 61131 application development in Cscape.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Over the first day-and-a-half – the following topics will be covered:
• Introduction to the IEC 61131 Standard
• Introduction to the Cscape IEC 61131 programming environment
• Cscape Standard IEC 61131 vs Cscape Enhanced IEC 61131
• Classroom and Hands-on Experience with the following IEC 61131 programming languages: Structured Text, Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Sequential Function Chart
• Variable Handling topics: Memory Mapping for Real-world I/O, Arrays, Structures, Bitfields, Enumeration
• HMI Screen Creation
• Troubleshooting Techniques – Basic & Advanced
There will be laboratory exercises included for each of the four major IEC 61131 languages – Structured Text (ST), Ladder Logic (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Sequential Function Chart (SFC).
The final half-day of the course will include time for completion of labs along with one-on-one consultation for application advice if needed.
Students attending this course should be at least familiar with PLC programming in general, or Horner OCS programming in particular. For students below this familiarity level – the Standard Factory Training course is a better starting point.
Students need to bring their own laptop computers, with Cscape preinstalled and operational – at least to the level of establishing communications with an OCS controller prior to arriving. This is especially critical for those students who do not have administrative access to their laptops. Cscape 9.90 SP8 or later is recommended.
Basic – April 18-20
Advanced – May 9-10
IEC – June 6-7
Basic – July 11-13
Advanced – August 8-9
Basic – October 10-12
Advanced – November 14-15
Additional Information & Directions
- CLASS LOCATION:
Horner APG, LLC. – Horner Automation Group Training Facility
59 South State Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Complimentary breakfast, snacks, lunches, and one dinner included
Airline and hotel arrangements are the responsibility of each attendee.
Horner APG, LLC has a discounted rate at the Holiday Inn Express City Centre-downtown Indianapolis. To receive the discounted rate at $99 plus tax, please contact the hotel’s corporate sales manager, Danielle, directly to book your room: (317) 405-4542; email@example.com. Reserve your discounted room rate today! For further information, please contact Sales at: (317) 916-4274.
Holiday Inn Express City Centre
410 South Missouri Street
Indianapolis, IN 46255
Corporate Sales Manager
Direct: (317) 405-4542 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main: (317) 822-6400 (mention Horner Rate for OCS Training)