Horner Automation Group, a subsidiary of Horner Electric, specializes in the global automation market, serving original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), integrators and end-users from a variety of industries. Being the leader in providing all-in-one control, Horner Automation Group offers the widest range of integrated control products in the world. We continually strive for a corporate culture that rewards those who are customer focused, team-oriented, innovative, productive, shows respect for others, strives for continuous improvement, and furthers Horner’s excellent reputation.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated Inside Sales Associate, with a minimum of 2+ years of Inside Sales experience in Business-to-Business sales environments. Responsible for the quotation of inbound sales requests. A background in manufacturing/assembly automation or electrical engineering is preferred, but not required. Applicants with a working understanding of the programming and functionality of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) will receive prioritization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to incoming requests for quotes, order entry, and issue resolution.
- Provide sales support to Outside Sales Team, Manufacturer’s Representatives, and Distributor Channel Partners.
- Understand Horner Automation Group’s products, services and capabilities.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Through proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and probe customer to ensure their true needs are determined and provide optimal solution recommendations.
- Maintain account relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Optimize utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for customer information, lead generation, quote tracking and pipeline management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2+ years of experience in Inside Sales in Business-to-Business sales environments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers and sales channel partners.
- Associate’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics technology or related technical field is beneficial, but not required.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance, with the ability to thrive in a small company environment, building strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Willingness to take on a team leadership position over time as our company and department continues to grow.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of customer functions up to C-level executives.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous activities but remain immediately available for incoming calls and quote requests.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, Microsoft Office applications, and ERP systems. A working knowledge of Zoho CRM is preferred.
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
To learn more about us, visit our websites at www.hornerautomation.com. Resumes may be emailed with INSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE in subject line, to Human Resources, or by mail attention Human Resources – 1521 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46201
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer