Inside Sales (USA)
Headquarters – Indianapolis, IN
Horner Automation Group, a subsidiary of Horner Electric, specializes in the global automation market, serving original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), integrators and end-users from a variety of industries. Being the leader in providing all-in-one control, Horner Automation Group offers the widest range of integrated control products in the world. We continually strive for a corporate culture that rewards those who are customer focused, team-oriented, innovative, productive, shows respect for others, strives for continuous improvement, and furthers Horner’s excellent reputation.
We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to assist and support the efforts of our outside Sales Team and primarily help grow revenue of our LED lighting product offerings. This position is responsible for promoting the value proposition, products, and services of the Horner Automation Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand Horner Automation Group’s products, services and capabilities.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Provide regular outbound calling and follow up for quotes, opportunities, and leads as required.
- Manage and update lead data in CRM.
- Provide support to Outside Sales Managers, Manufacturer’s Representatives, and Distributors as needed.
- Provide back-up for other Inside Sales and Customer Service personnel.
- Through proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and probe customer to ensure their true needs are determined and provide optimal solutions.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to incoming requests for quotes, order entry, and issue resolution
- Provide applications and product selection assistance.
- Enter received orders as required.
- Maintain account relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate commitment to Horner Automation Group’s workplace environment by leading, acting and behaving in a professional manner.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associate’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics technology or related technical field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers and sales channel partners.
- 2+ years of experience in sales or support of technology products in a business-to-business environment.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance along with the ability to thrive in a small company environment and build strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Must be persistent, action-oriented, results-driven and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous activities but remain immediately available for incoming calls.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, Microsoft Office applications, and ERP systems.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of customer functions up to C-level executives.
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer