Horner Automation Group designs and manufactures Industrial Automation Controls and Custom Solutions for the global market. Due to rapid expansion, we are seeking applicants for an entry level position in technical support services.
This entry level position offers an advantageous opportunity to learn industrial automation technologies from the ground up. From training and interactions with our customers, our support team quickly gains in depth knowledge and valuable expertise. We’re looking for customer service oriented applicants that are ready to learn and take on new challenges.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers with product, systems, installation, and maintenance related inquiries.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise to customers.
- Document all support activities in tracking software.
- Maintain technical product knowledge by attending internal and external formal product training, and self-study educational development activities.
- Provide our customers with documentation, product information, and troubleshooting guides.
- Represent the Horner Automation Group professionally through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Perform and complete specialty job projects and testing as assigned.
- Act as technical liaison between Horner design engineers and our customers.
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical or Mechanical, in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a four-year college or related technical school.
- Applicants with technology degrees, certifications, or equivalent military experience are encouraged to apply.
- Team player who is also able to work independently as required.
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytic, and communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Knowledge in the following areas is desirable but not required
- Experience with PLC’s, related programming software, and corresponding digital and analog I/O devices.
- Experience with industrial communication networks.
- Experience with WEB and Internet/IIOT connectivity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, talk, see, and hear.
In Terms of an 8 hour workday,
|On the job employees must:||Not at all||Occasionally|
|Continuously (5-8 hours)|
|Reach above shoulder level||X|
|Use hands/fingers to handle/feel|| X|
|Repetitive operations|| X|
During work the employee must lift and/or push/pull:
|On the job employees must lift:||Not at all||Occasionally (<2 hours)||Frequently (2-5 hours)||Continuously (5-8 hours)|
|Up to 10 pounds||X|
|Up to 25 pounds||X|
The noise level that is typical for the work environment of this position is
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, telephone communication)
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
To learn more about us, visit our websites at www.hornerautomation.com and www.hornerindustrial.com. Resumes may be emailed to Human Resources.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer