Responsible for developing detailed electrical and mechanical designs of power and control systems using industrial automation products for a variety of industrial sectors/processes. Responsible for the selection, configuration and interconnection of components for electrical control assembles and control systems and associated design documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop led lighting systems including AC and DC drivers, digital and analog electronics.
- Design and develop control systems used in lighting or industrial automation.
- Embedded firmware desirable but not required.
- Create schematics, some PCB layouts and documentation
- Troubleshoot hardware issues in the development process and for field support
- Manage the prototype process including testing and documenting changes.
- Working with test engineers to accomplish UL, CE, and environmental testing.
- Work with production engineer to hand off projects including documentation for assembly
- Domestic travel may be occasionally required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering,
- 1+ years of experience / working knowledge of industrial automated control systems
- Relevant experience and knowledge in hardware architecture creation.
- Experience in control systems, I/O desired
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) is required.
- Experience with Orcad, Autocad, Inventor, and PCB layout packages desired.
- Be able to track multiple projects and perform simultaneous tasks
- Must possess focused project management skills
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization in a fast paced environment with multiple locations (domestic and overseas)
- Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
To learn more about us, visit our websites at www.hornerautomation.com and www.hornerelectric.com. Resumes may be emailed to Human Resources.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer