Assistant Controller (USA)
Headquarters – Indianapolis, IN
Horner Electric, Inc., family owned and operated since 1949, through its two operating subsidiaries of Horner Industrial Services, Inc. and Horner APG, LLC, is a leading provider of industrial sales, service & repair of various industrial, electrical and mechanical components and automation devices with sales and service facilities located domestically in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky and internationally in Ireland, India, Canada and China.
We have added a NEW POSITION for an ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at our corporate office based in Indianapolis. The successful candidate must have a strong business and financial background and understanding of monthly and annual general ledger closings, financial statement preparation and analysis, and working with external auditors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Financial Statement Preparation for subsidiaries and ultimately Consolidated Statements
- Analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Coordination of monthly and annual General Ledger Closings
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Key Contributor to various Treasury Functions
- Assist with projects as needed
- Candidates should have in-depth knowledge and experience in manufacturing and/or industrial-commercial service sectors.
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Strong analytical skills
- Sense of urgency with purpose
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Excel functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work in an open team environment
- Experience with a privately held corporation is highly preferred.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing or other industrial work environment. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.is required. A CPA, CMA, or MBA certification would be desirable.
Horner Electric offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work closely. This position has the opportunity for growth. Horner Electric and its operating subsidiaries Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerelectric.com; www.hornerindustrial.com; and www.heapg.com Resumes may be emailed, with Assistant Controller in subject line, to email@example.com or by mail attention Human Resources – 1521 E. Washington Street – Indianapolis, Indiana 46201