Horner Electric, Inc., family owned and operated since 1949, through its two operating subsidiaries of Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group, is a leading provider of industrial sales, service & repair of various industrial electrical, and mechanical components and industrial automation controls with sales and service facilities located domestically in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky and internationally in Canada, Ireland, and India.
We have an opening for an ASSISTANT CONTROLLER at our corporate office based in Indianapolis. The successful candidate must have a strong business and financial background and understanding of monthly and annual general ledger closings, financial statement preparation and analysis, and working with external auditors. We are looking for an individual capable of assuming the Controller role within a few years.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support Financial Statement Preparation for subsidiaries and the Consolidated Statements
- Analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Coordination of monthly and annual General Ledger Closings which includes supervision of accounts receivable and accounts payable personnel.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Key Contributor to various Treasury Functions
- Driven towards continuous improvement.
- Candidates should have in-depth knowledge and experience in manufacturing and/or industrial-commercial service sectors.
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Excel functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work in an open team environment.
- Experience with a privately held corporation is highly preferred.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in accounting for inventory, plus two or more years in a leadership role. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. A CPA, CMA, or MBA certification would be desirable.
Horner Electric offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work closely. This position has the opportunity for growth. Horner Electric and its operating subsidiaries Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com; and www.hornerautomation.com Resumes may be emailed, with Assistant Controller in subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail attention Human Resources – 1521 E. Washington Street – Indianapolis, Indiana 46201