Horner Automation Group designs and manufactures Industrial Automation Controls and Custom Solutions for the global market. Due to rapid expansion we are seeking APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ENGINEERS to provide technical support services to external customers and our internal Engineering and Operations Groups.
Horner application support engineers continually learn existing and new automation technologies as well as keep up on industry trends. From training and interactions with our customers, our support team quickly gains in depth knowledge and valuable expertise.
Positions for entry level and experienced engineers are available. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer customer based technical support calls and become a solution provider for their problem.
- Be part of a technical support team that responds to emails and voicemails from the Technical Support Group mailbox.
- Utilize, document, and record all call activity with our CRM software to provide detailed information and resources to the complete engineering team pertaining to all customer issues and solutions.
- Provide application, Horner’s industrial automation product selection, and cross-reference assistance based on customer application needs.
- Assist customers with questions tied to our products and their systems, installation, and maintenance related problems.
- Maintain technical product knowledge by attending internal and external formal product training, and self-study educational development activities.
- Provide support as needed to other Horner Automation Group teams for issues such as documentation, product information, and troubleshooting guides.
- Have access to utilize, maintain and organization of our Technical Support Team Lab equipment and Inventory.
- Participate in the after-hours primary emergency support rotation by carrying a cell phone while on-call and following established procedures to provide emergency after-hours technical support.
- May involve some teaching of our training courses for our customers as requested/approved by manager.
- May involve some customer onsite support, troubleshooting and training as requested/approved by manager.
- Represent the Horner Automation Group professionally through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Perform and complete specialty job projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Electronics and/or Industrial Control Technology or commensurate Military Experience/Training
- Energetic, self-motivated and focused. A strong payback of this job is knowing that you help solve customer problems.
- Strong communication skills and relationship building with customers around the world.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally as every day brings different tasks and requirements.
- Be a good team player who is also able to work independently as required.
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytic, and communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Knowledge in the Following Areas is Desirable, But Not Required:
- Experience with PLC’s, related programming software, and corresponding digital and analog I/O devices.
- Experience with industrial communication networks such as RS-232, RS-485 and CAN along with Modbus, Devicenet, J1939, CANOpen, Ethernet protocols, and wireless communications.
- Experience with WEB and Internet connected solutions
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
To learn more about us, visit our websites at www.hornerautomation.com and www.hornerelectric.com. Resumes may be emailed to Human Resources.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer