Applications Support Engineer (USA)
Headquarters – Indianapolis, IN
Horner Automation Group designs and manufactures Industrial Automation Controls and Custom Solutions for the global market. Due to rapid expansion we are seeking APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ENGINEERS to provide technical support services to external customers and our internal Engineering and Operations Groups. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer technical support calls.
- Respond to emails and voicemails from the Technical Support Group mailbox.
- Document and record all call activity following standard procedure outlined by supervisor.
- Provide application, product selection, and cross-reference assistance based on customer requirements.
- Assist customers with product information for Horner’s industrial automation products.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting existing products and systems, installation and maintenance related problems.
- Maintain adequate technical product knowledge by attending formal product training, and self-study professional development activities.
- Provide the technical interface to Horner Engineering Group and Production facilities for issues such as documentation, product information and troubleshooting guides.
- Assist in maintaining order and organization of Technical Support Lab and Inventory.
- Participate in the after-hours primary emergency support rotation by carrying a cell phone on call and following established procedures to provide emergency technical support.
- May be involved in teaching training courses as requested/approved by manager.
- May be involved in customer onsite support as requested/approved by manager.
- Represent Horner through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical or Mechanical, in Engineering from a four year college or related technical school.
- Knowledge and application experience with some or all of the following products: OCS/PLC/HMI – hardware, software and interfaces; Motion – Servos, Drives, and Motors, and components.
- Programmable logic controllers and corresponding digital and analog I/O devices.
- Experience with industrial communication networks such as RS-232, RS-485 and CAN along with Modbus, Devicenet, J1939, CANOpen and Ethernet protocols.
- SCADA systems e.g. Wonderware, KepserverEX and/or Iconics.
- Energetic, self-motivated and focused.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally.
- Team player who is able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Horner Automation Group is the leader in providing All-In-One Controllers and offers the widest range of integrated control products.
With a core competency focusing on industrial and commercial automation products including: All-In-One programmable controllers, operator interface devices and a variety of I/O devices.
In addition to standard core hardware product offerings, Horner Automation Group offers a wide base of communications, including but not limited to: Remote Communications (telephone, radio and cellular modems), cost effective highly efficient wired networks (RS-485 based, CAN based and Ethernet based), along with standard fieldbus networks (CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet).
Another standard and proprietary offering is Hardware, Firmware and Software design and development. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility, Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer