Horner Electric, Inc., family owned and operated since 1949, through its two operating subsidiaries of Horner Industrial Services, Inc. and Horner APG, LLC, is a leading provider of industrial sales, service & repair of various industrial, electrical and mechanical components and automation devices with sales and service facilities located domestically in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky and internationally in Ireland, India, Canada and China.
Horner Electric is seeking an Accounting Support Specialist. This position will administer Accounts Receivable functions as well as general support and back up for the Accounting team at two of our operating subsidiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review sales invoices for accuracy prior to posting, post invoices daily
- Print invoices and mail/e-mail invoices to customers daily
- Cash Application
- Retrieve on-line bank transactions for previous day, identify incoming ACH payments/wire transfers, identify lockbox deposits
- Apply cash receipts to customer accounts, research other credits and apply
- Research payment issues, contact customers/International subsidiaries concerning payment discrepancies
- Backup and support the accounting team as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years of general Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrate understanding of rudimentary accounting principles, practices and methods
- Must demonstrate good planning and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable
- Flexible and willing to work between 2 locations within blocks of each other.
Horner Electric offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work closely. This position has the opportunity for growth. Horner Electric and its operating subsidiaries Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about us and to apply online, please visit our websites at www.hornerindustrial.com and www.heapg.com Resumes may be emailed, with ACCOUNTING SUPPORT SPECIALIST in subject line, to Kelly.Russell@hornerelectric.com
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer